We meet on the second Wednesday of ea. month at 7 PM at the Rocky River Nature Center, 24000 Valley Parkway, North Olmsted. Come see what the “buzz” is all about!
2017 Meetings & Events
May 10, 2017 Meeting
“Population Dynamics within the honeybee hive: How do seasonal changes affect the growth, health and make up of a hive.” Speaker Dave Noble, Apiarist, Stratford Ecological Center in Delaware, Ohio.
May 20, 2017 – 7th Annual GCBA Field Day Conference
Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds
Registration at the door begins at 8 AM. Conference runs until 3 PM. Cost is $15 per person or $25 per couple. 14 and under free with paid adult.
June 14, 2017 Meeting
Valerie Eck and Brenda Theurer will be speaking on entering your items in the FAIR.
July 12, 2017 Meeting
PICNIC at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds 164 Eastland Road, Berea, Ohio 44017 at 6:30pm. Enter off Eastland Road GATE 1.
August 9, 2017 Meeting
September 13, 2017 Meeting
October 11, 2017 Meeting
Dr. Randall J. Mitchell is presenting. He is Glenny Professor of Biology, University of Akron and Director of the University of Akron Field Station-Bath Nature Preserve.
Dr. Mitchell’s education and research experience:
- 2007- present – Director of the University of Akron Field Station, Glenny Professor of Biology
- 2006- present – Professor of Biology, University of Akron
- 2001-2006 – Associate Professor of Biology, University of Akron
- 1995-2001 – Assistant Professor of Biology, University of Akron
- 1994-1995 – University of New Mexico. Postdoc with AS Evans. Evolution of Seed Dormancy.
- 1991-1994 – University of New Mexico. NSF Environmental Biology Postdoc with DL Marshall.
- 1987-1991 – University of California Riverside. Ph.D. Biology with NM Waser. “Adaptive significance of floral nectar production rate for the hummingbird-pollinated plant Ipomopsis aggregata.”
- 1985 – University of Adelaide, South Australia. Visiting student, Zoology with DC Paton.
- 1983‑1987 – University of California Riverside. MA Biology with NM Waser. “Mechanisms of competition for pollination between two Colorado wildflowers.”
- 1979‑1982 – University of California, Davis. BS Entomology.
- 1978‑1979 – College of Sequoias, Visalia, California.
November 8, 2017 Meeting
The Paul and Dan Show” Mead Making & Queen Rearing
December 13, 2017 Meeting
Christmas Party Potluck
Other dates of interest
June 3, 2017
Lorain County Beekeepers Association Annual Field Day
National Pollinator Week
July 15, 2017
Medina Bee Festival
August 7-13, 2017
Cuyahoga County Fair
August 19, 2017
National HOney Bee Day
September 9-10, 2017
Lithopolis Honey Festival
September 29-October 4, 2017
Apimondia Istanbul Turkey
Are you interested in speaking?
We invite you to contact us. Speaking opportunities are available for you and/or your organization.